Thought I would do something a little different for a post. Titanic is one of my favourite all time films, Taking a look at the making of Titanic behind the scenes, I have discovered a few fun facts and perhaps the reason why our love for the movie will go on and oooooooooon.
- Kate, in good form, decided to break the tension before it had a chance to arise by flashing her ample assets at her Hollywood superstar opposite. This immediately gave the pair fun and dynamic relationship to work with, and all the steamiest scenes in the movie benefited because of it.
- Despite being present for the nude drawing scenes, Leo was not the artist who sketched the infamous picture. James Cameron the film director drew Kate “like one of his French girls”.
- You don’t get to be as successful as James Cameron without enforcing a few ridiculous on set rules. In the big pool used to recreate the water scenes, Cameron invoked a rule that made Titanic behind the scenes a little unhygienic. He wouldn’t allow loo breaks in order to keep actors in their character and to retain the mood and atmosphere whilst filming the movies most powerful scenes. This meant people would spend hours in the giant pool, swimming in a delightful mixture of water and their own urine.
- It comes as no surprise, but the freezing water scenes were filmed in freezing temperatures, to get the proper effect. After spending hours in such conditions, poor Kate developed pneumonia.
- Turns out that Kate was not the first choice for the role of Rose. In fact, she practically had to beg Cameron for the part, calling and writing to him almost daily. Others in the running included Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Aniston.
- Since the infamous boob flash, Kate and Leo formed a fantastic friendship that has grown and thrived until the present day. Whilst making Titanic behind the scenes there was a strong bond formed, with lots of practical joking along the way.
- Those who worked Titanic behind the scenes were rumoured to be a lot of fun but, on one occasion some cast and crew members took a funny turn after lunch. Some were giggling in fits of hysterics, others were spaced out and a few were struck with bouts of dizziness and vomiting, even Cameron. Turns out some prankster had spiked the lobster chowder with PCP, but the culprit was never found.
So there we have it a few interesting fun facts about Titanic.